CoachStation coaching and mentoring assists in the development of clients, employees and leaders.
CoachStation coaches have significant corporate and business expertise, coaching experience, credentials and a depth of expertise in mentoring individuals. This combination provides the best opportunity for people to be developed.
Specialising in Leadership, Workplace, Business and Executive Coaching, we are able to build a program that best suits your specific requirements. Our qualified and experienced coaches use a combination of models and tools depending on need. This is the most effective development as it provides a tailored, yet flexible approach. In all cases CoachStation coaching and mentoring is results-oriented and action-based. CoachStation coaching and mentoring programs focus on:
- Using tools identifying Strengths and Values, seeking team member feedback, self-assessments and accessing background information.
- Moving from a focus on the problem to a focus on solutions.
- Developing a strategy and specific goals for the client to focus on.
- Agreement on a broad plan and actions occurs, including joint acknowledgment of the most appropriate way forward.
- Developing a change scenario that is concentrated on the goals to be achieved by the client – responsibility and accountability are key aspects.
- Actions and change processes implemented by the client, with regular support.
- The coach/coachee relationship continuing to build, enhancing accountability and reinforcing actions through trust, overcoming resistance, challenging, probing and regulated progress through regular contact.
- Coaching the new scenario through validating, revising, revisiting and applying the plan.
Click on the Coaching and Mentoring image above to open a Printable PDF version of our process.
Although there are similarities, there is a distinct difference between coaching and mentoring. A coach will assist the client to find appropriate solutions as they understand and know the situation best.
CoachStation upholds the highest levels of professionalism, standards and ethics. A document detailing these standards is provided to all new clients who engage CoachStation for coaching or mentoring services.
Managing is making sure people do what they know how to do. Training is teaching people to do what they don’t know how to do. Mentoring is showing people how the people who are really good at doing something do it.
Coaching is none of these – it is helping to identify the skills and capabilities that are within the person, and enabling them to use them to the best of their ability.
Additionally, our ‘Developing and Coaching Employees’ program provides leaders and managers with the knowledge and skills to develop and coach others.
Developing your team members to become as effective and engaged as possible assists in retention, discretionary effort, building trust and various other positive team and individual benefits. The Developing and Coaching Employees program provides practical learning and the base to make changes post-training that will assist any leader to connect, develop, influence and drive change.
Mentoring as a concept and in practice differs from coaching. A mentor assists the client to develop themselves or their business. The mentor generally has a level of expertise in the field matching the client This is often where CoachStation’s business expertise can be applied. It is more of a sharing approach reliant on a depth of knowledge and experience possessed by the mentor. Mentoring focuses on general development and progress towards a specific business goal.