Successful organisations have identified that the most prominent gains in improvement for individual employees, teams and leaders begins with a primary investment in identifying and working with pre-existing talents and strengths.
The key is to discover what traits and talents are most natural for each of us and then build upon these to make them strengths. The CoachStation Strengths Development Programs involve the identification of talents, improved self-awareness, leadership development and actions / changes in behaviour. CoachStation programs include:
- Coaching 1:1: Strengths Assessment, leadership focus and individual 1:1 coaching review.
- Team Development: 1/2 or 1-day detailed session consisting of individual Strengths assessment, facilitated discussion and team review.
The revolutionary insight common to great managers: people don’t change that much; don’t waste time trying to put in what was left out; try to draw out what was left in; this is hard enough.
M Buckingham & C Coffman
CoachStation has developed a series of programs using an online assessment. When completed, a summary report is provided describing areas to focus on and how to maximise each strength.
Our workshops are interactive and action-oriented, always looking to apply new learning and provide knowledge along themes that can become part of what participants do, not just what they know.
CoachStation will also provide a copy of the book Strengths-Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath for each participant. This is recognised as one of the primary resources on the subject of strengths-based development and a book that we highly recommend.
We have received some outstanding feedback from our Strengths Leadership and Development Workshops:
- I came to the workshop thinking, “here we go again” as I find some of these banal and pointless. I was very mistaken as I learned as much about myself today as I have in a year or two of working.
- Very engaging facilitator whose own experience in management/corporations is clearly evident.
- Great eye-opener into where we should be spending our time and effort.
- Very insightful to own self and team strengths dynamics. The program has clearly resulted in an actionable plan with a high level of commitment.
- Great engagement and management of learning and pace. Everyone should know their strengths: a. I would like 1:1 coaching with Steve b. Steve is a great facilitator
Because your most powerful talents represent the best of your natural self, they are your best opportunities to perform at levels of excellence through strength.
Additionally, a team-based program consisting of a 1-day facilitated session has also been developed by CoachStation. This can be an incredible asset for teams as they develop individual awareness, relationships and deeper understanding of their peers. We have found that this type of program, when applied across an entire team, can offer many benefits, most prominently a greater acceptance of the differences that exist between people i.e. diversity becomes a benefit, not a hindrance.
How we operate as leaders impacts how we are perceived, our effectiveness, engagement and many other critical factors. Various leadership styles exist and the Strengths-Based learning and development concept is designed to recognise and accentuate the positive aspects of who you are.